Friday, August 23, 2013

5! Year later!

5 years ago today we had our own little parade at the hospital to celebrate taking Ryelee home from the NICU.  101 days!
Today Ryelee is a very active, smart, little girl.  She is still delayed in large and small motor coordination and speech.  She wears glasses. All things considered she is doing great!  
Ryelee has always had a great love of music. She is currently hooked on the Beach Boys and listens to them hours a day.
  She has recently learned to skip and do somersaults and loves to practice them.  

She also likes to dance to her music.  Which is how she discovered Beach Boys. One day when I watched them I turned on surfin' USA to dance with the girls. She later discovered her dads Beach Boys albums while surfing threw the Apple TV.  It is adorable to watch Ryelee,  and  her little sisters sing Kokomo. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been blessed with of being her Grammie.  It has been absolutely amazing to watch her grow.  Everything she does is amazing to me.    From changing my background picture on my phone to one of her (about 15 months). To the time her dad was trying to solve a problem on the iPod.  Ryelee walked up looked at what he was doing and pushed a few buttons. He said oh thanks Ryelee.  She was maybe 3. Having an extremely premature baby in the family was a wonderful, learning, scary, faith building, frightening experience.  I am so grateful for her!




No comments: